July 01, 2011

July First.

Hi everyone!  Today I'm going to do something a little different since this is the official end to my first official month of blogging.

I started blogging last month as something to do.  A way to keep me busy during the summer since I don't have a job, and getting one doesn't look like it's going to happen soon.  I live in a tiny little town and the only jobs that are available are nurses, truck drivers and gas station jobs I don't know about until they are already filled.  I mean, if I don't have a job, I don't have money, so I don't go anywhere.  How am I supposed to know that the gas stations are hiring?  Joking.  The positions fill fast so you get an application and take it back the next day and it's no good.  I'm branching out.  I WILL have a job with insurance before mine runs out in November.  I hope.  lol

That's not what I'm here about though.  I kind of got off on a tangent.  Sorry about that.  :)  Back to what I was saying!  When I started blogging, I had zero followers (as most of you did), I had zero expectations.  I just knew that I not only love doing my nails, but I loved obsessing over them.  Blogging seemed like a good way to quench my thirst for my nails always looking shiny and new.

Now, a month later, I have 42 followers.  That is 42 more than I ever expected!  In one month.  I am astounded!  I know I'm not one of those must read blogs.  My pictures aren't that great.  My art could use years more worth of practice.  However, I have gotten an overwhelming amount of support and encouragement from this community.  I am quickly gaining confidence in what I am doing as this month goes on and you, my amazing followers, keep helping me and encouraging me to grow and evolve.  I really didn't expect this feeling.  I am finding myself wanting to try harder designs, wanting to try brands I'd never thought much of and wanting to dig deeper into this sordid world in which we live.

For that, I thank all of you!  You have all been amazing.  I know that a lot of bloggers have giveaways and things when they reach this point.  Truthfully, I wish I could.  There are so many new collections I wish I could give to you!  How it is though, I just can't afford it right now.  When I do my first giveaway, and all of them after that, I want them to be amazing.  I want them to show how truly grateful I am to have all of you here.  That being said, I am collecting goodies, and I hope to have them ready by 100 followers.  Should I get there.

Anyway.  This is super long.  And I'm sorry.  lol  I just wanted to share how moved, how grateful, and how thankful I am for each and every one of you.  THANK YOU!

If you got this far, thanks for looking!  lol




Listening to: Sing - My Chemical Romance
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, 2010

6 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I love your blog & always look forward to your next post!
    I hope you can find a job soon. And thank you for all the nice comments you leave on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you deserve all the followers you have, your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much both of you!

    Olivia - You deserve them to! You were one of the first regular readers I had and have always been so sweet! I love reading your blog daily as well :) Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh gosh i feel so much better about my blog then. I dont have anyone yet i did just start and i was getting down about not having followers but after seeing this i have hope:). I love your nails and what you do here because like you admitted yours are not perfect but they are ha ha and i know im not genius either yet but we both love nails! ha Thank you for writing this:) really made my day and your super awesome!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on all your followers... this was a great post :) .. btw i nomited you for some awards.. my post should be up shortly.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 42 followers! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Even though I will read every comment you leave (I love them!), please do not leave spam (such as links) or disrespectful comments. They will be deleted. I have an email, you can always send links there! Thanks everyone <3