October 04, 2011

Kids/Halloween

Hi everyone! *waves furiously*  I had another unexpected break this weekend!  I'm so sorry!  It all started when I broke a nail on my swatch hand.  Again.  THEN, I took swatch pictures that are just gross, and will be getting redone.  Since then, I've been trying to get the motivation to do something, and it's just not coming!  My nails are SO short, I just don't want to look at them.  :(    However, I DO have an idea for a Halloween post I will try to do tomorrow night.  I'm hoping it will work on these short little ick nails.

But, since I don't have anything of my own (okay, I have ONE picture... but it ties in with the rest of these...), I'm going to talk about last Friday night.  It was so fun!  There is a neighbor boy who likes to hang out over here sometimes, and my niece and here friend were here.  They were all AMAZED at all the polishes I have!  I swear, those girls have been in the stash before... I must have only shown them part of it or something!
Here are the girls.  This isn't even as messy as they got.  They pulled out TONS of polishes!  I'm kind of ashamed that I don't have them organized right now, but hey.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  Buying Helmers is on my list if I can't come up with something else before the end of the month! 

Seth wanted me to show what he came up with.  The name "skittles" made him giggle. lol  I'm not sure what all the individual color names are, but the brands are cherimoya, orly, cherimoya and china glaze.  I think.  He was proud of them, but took them off right after I took the picture! 

Here is Seth's thumb.  It actually looks pretty awesome, but for some reason I couldn't get the crackle effect to actually show up in GOOD pictures.  It was too shiny or something.  
Finally, this is what I came up with.  I would have worn it all week, but for some reason it never really dried.  It looked GREAT though!  I used China Glaze Fortune Teller, and on my accent nails I used Color Club Worth The Risque topped with two coats of Icing Pumpkin.  From these photos, you can see why I hated all the swatches.  My nails are INSANELY short... and all the acetone dried them out pretty bad and I didn't notice until I looked at the pictures. Yuck.  

So, I guess we'll count this as a Halloween post?  Yes.  I'll try this again probably, and try to figure out why it didn't dry!  It was the strangest thing... 

I'm off!  I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow, and hopefully I won't be in this slump too long!  Thanks for looking! 


hey