August 03, 2011

NOTD and review: China Glaze Urban-Night (Pic heavy)

Hi everyone!  Raise your hand if you didn't think I was serious about wearing darker colors!  I even wore a plum today instead of a pink for Pink Wednesday :)  You're going to have to forgive me.  I thought Traffic Jam was too bright on it's own, and I want to get these collections all worn and reviewed!  So, I'm wearing Urban-Night by ChG.  It is from their new collection, Metro.  It is for sure not a pink, but I'm sure if I look really hard I can see magenta undertones?  A little?  



When I put this on, I was hoping it was going to be a one coater like some of the others in this collection.  No luck.  As you can see with two coats, there are still some patchiness.  It doesn't show up horribly irl, but if that bugs you then you'll either have to do two VERY careful coats, or three.  Bummer.  There was a bit of dragging with this polish, which partly accounts for the bald spots, but as far as controllability and thickness, it gets a thumbs up from me.  Plus, I really love it color wise.  I would pick this up if you weren't planning to!  
BUT I couldn't leave it alone.  I know I don't want to wear neons and happy bubblegum pinks anymore, but for goodness sakes I'm going to the pool today!  I had to do something! 


So I added one coat of gLORIous on the accent nail and one coat of Kleancolor Holo Chrome on the rest of my nails.  So pretty, but still not all bright and blinding and "haha! it is summer! bow down!" as some other colors would be.


I did include several pictures to kind of show the different ways the gLORIous flashes.  It looks different on every color you use it with and is INCREDIBLE on this one!  Lovelovelove.  Whoever wins my giveaway will totally want to use it first thing.  I'm telling you... Use it as soon as you get it.  :)

Blurry shows sparkly! 


Overall, I am very happy with this look.  It is going to look absolutely insane at the pool!  Maybe it'll be man bait?  Hope so!  Thanks for looking! 


hey
Listening to:  Nas Ne Dagoniat - t.A.T.u.
200 km/h in the Wrong Lane, 2002
PS: if there are any fans still out there, each of the girls has a solo album coming out this year.  From what I've heard so far.... AMAZING!