February 20, 2012

LATE Valentine's Ombre

Hi everyone!  It's been awhile!  It feels really strange not posting everyday.  The bad part is that I don't see it getting easier anytime soon.... Everyone in town is having problems with their connections, and I'm thinking it isn't going to be an easy fix.  *sad face*  It is working a little bit better than last week, so I can upload a couple of pictures at a time.  I hope that keeps up!  But, if I'm still not posting regularly, it's the same reason.  

So today I have a post that was meant for last week.  Or even the week before (I hadn't actually decided!).  It also happens to be my first Ombre!  I'm acting more proud of this than I probably should.  See, I don't like when people just grab five colors that *might* be similar and throw them on and call them an ombre. I want them to actually look like they could be the same polish.  SO I started with Color Club Yum Gum and ended up with this:


I only used the three colors you see above.  My middle finger is Yum Gum, I mixed white into it for the index, and a little more white for the thumb.

For the darker fingers, I couldn't use black so I used red.  If you mix black into pink, you get a muddy mess.  It does not turn it into a darker pink.  Try it.  I dare you ;).  So I used the same process on the ring and pinky fingers that I did with the other two using Pillar Box Red.

Now, don't these look better than using five separate colors?  All of the pinks look like they belong in the same color family and shade group.  (For example, all pinks are red based... there aren't red/blue based pinks both used.  If that makes sense).

Anyway, what do you think?  Since I haven't had internet, I want to know what all of you have been up to!  Let me know you are still around, because I have some fun things coming up!  Leave me comments, and messages are always welcome as well!  Miss you!  

Thanks for reading :)
hey

6 comments:

  1. Nice ombre! I just did an ombre over the weekend. Haven't posted it yet though. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love how the pink turned kind of "hot" when I added the red. I need to try with different reds to see how it affects that!

      Delete
  2. very cute! :)

    WE NEED YOUR INTERNET FIXED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! Silly question... how do you mix the polishes? It sounds like a scary mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAH! Sorry I didn't answer sooner! Basically all I did was put four or five drops of the color I was going to use on my middle finger on a piece of plastic, then add a drop or two of either the darker or the lighter color and just kind of mix them with the brush. It wasn't too bad!

      Delete

Even though I will read every comment you leave (I love them!), please do not leave spam (such as links) or disrespectful comments. They will be deleted. I have an email, you can always send links there! Thanks everyone <3