April 16, 2012

OPI Pink Friday with Super Bass

Happy Monday, ladies!  As you may have noticed, I failed my "review week" challenge I set for myself.  However, I have caught up with most of the "big" posts I needed to get up!  I'll sprinkle the rest in here and there.  Truth is, I got distracted.  I started eating healthy and working out again, and I've let it take over.  Which is good!  If I don't, chances are I would eat entire pies in one sitting.  I've never done that before, but you all know how cravings are!  So far, I'm not sure if it's water weight or what (which it probably is), I've lost four pounds!  I've also found work outs that make me FEEL like I've worked out.  I hurt!  lol  So, I may post updates here and there.  If you are interested, let me know.  I may start up my other blog about it again!  

On to the polish.  When OPI released the Nikki Minaj collection, I was really excited!  Then I saw them in person.  I wasn't so excited anymore.  That green is hideous, the blue has soooo been done, and the pink looks like a million others.  The only one I was interested in was Super Bass!  

Well, I was looking at clearance items at Regis, and I had gotten an extra paycheck so I actually bought the (mini) collection.  First thing I did when I got home was put on Pink Friday with Super Bass!  I HAD to try those out, since those were the only two I would have bought on their own.  

We'll start with Pink Friday.  Now, I don't know if it was my bottle, or if it was because it's a mini (which is still a bad reason), but the formula was HORRID!  It is thick, streaky, needs three coats (at least.  I only put two on since I was adding shatter) and is just an overall mess.  Turned me WAY off and I am so glad I just bought the minis!  

Super Bass, on the other hand, was amazing.  I didn't have any problems with application, none with the shatter effect, none with the formula.  It is a gorgeous dark magenta type purple with shimmer in it.  I love how it looks!  

What do you guys think?  Is it just my bottle?  Ugh.  I hope you all had better luck!  Thanks for reading! :) 
hey

2 comments:

  1. I ALMOST bought Fly and then decided I would probably never wear it. I love the shatter tho. It's pretty unique for a shatter. Too bad I would pick it all off...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't worn the other two yet. I dread them!

      Delete

Even though I will read every comment you leave (I love them!), please do not leave spam (such as links) or disrespectful comments. They will be deleted. I have an email, you can always send links there! Thanks everyone <3