September 16, 2011

Halloween: GitD Stamping

Hello hello!  Today I have what the most people asked for in my last post: Stamping with glow in the dark polish.  I took that to mean, I would paint my nail with Zom-body, then stamp over it.  I didn't do that.  I painted my nails then stamped WITH Zom-body.  Neat, eh?  I thought it turned out ok, but it was pretty difficult to do.  ZB doesn't show up very well on the white stamp I have, so I had a lot of trouble with it.  Given practice, I think this would be an amazing technique for Halloween!

To do my mani, I started with two coats of Catrice Purpleized, that I got from that swap with Steffi.  Talking about that for a second, this is an AMAZING color.  The pictures don't show it, but it's a foil and the shimmer is multi-colored.  I will be wearing this a lot!  
After that, I dotted my pinky, middle and pointer finger with the ZB using the new dotter Erika sent me, and stamped my thumb and ring finger.  
I ask your forgiveness for the way the stamps look, but like I said, since I can't really see the ZB on the stamp, it will be a learning process! 

Here it is glowing.  I'm having trouble getting my glow to last more than a minute or so.  Even without top coats.  Does anyone know what's going on?  Maybe it's the light I use to charge it?  I don't know.  But it makes me sad.  

Okay.  Now, I know some of you don't read every post, and a lot of you don't read make-up related posts.  I don't all the time.  I know.  I'm a bad follower!  LOL  But, for those of you who do, I want to offer you a little something.  I mentioned earlier in the week that I'm selling BeautiControl now, and that I am in love with it.  I have never before wanted to sell a product like this, but I really really want people to use it!  What I am going to do is put the link to my personal sales site, and I want you to click around, kind of read about the brand and check out some of the products.  Anyone who comes back here and tells me that they would like to know more, or tells me something that they think they would like to try will be entered in a small giveaway.  There will be one winner announced on Monday.  You have until Sunday at 11:59 pm, so go to it! You can check that out HERE, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say! 

So, that's it for today.  I have to work and I (think) I have a lot going on this weekend.  As always, comment, leave questions/suggestions, can't wait to hear from all of you!  Thanks for looking!


hey
Listening to: Sweetest Goodbye - Maroon 5
Songs About Jane, 2002