October 29, 2011

Spengler! I'm with Venkman! He got slimed!

Hello everyone!  Several apologies to begin: I haven't been keeping up with my Halloween (aka ANY) posts like I was hoping to.  Hopefully these last couple of ones will be okay enough to make up for it! :)  Second, didn't clean this mani up before I posted it.  Didn't decide what to do until late, and clean up will have to wait.  Finally, crappy pictures ahead!  They each show something different well though, so I'm fine with them.  Now, on to the post! 

Today I did an ectoplasm drip mani.  Yup.  Ghost goo.  I feel like a lot of Halloween manis are really being over played this year, but not the blood drips (as badly).  Even more rare?  The slime drips!  I think I've only seen one blog post these.  So, let's take a look! 
I used Icing Witch's Brew for the base, and this pic shows it best. 

Sally Hansen Chartreuse Chase is what I made the drips out of, using a dotting tool.  I actually didn't have as much trouble with this method as I thought I would.  This is my first try! 

Crappy glow in the dark shot #1..  I used the green glow in the dark glitter from Hot Topic on top of the CC.  It IS ectoplasm, after all!  This picture doesn't show the glow of the design very well, but I thought the bottle was appropriate.  :) 

Crappy glow shot #2.  I really need a black light!  It's on my list!  When I get one, glows will be much easier to pick up! 

So, this is what I will be wearing today.  What do you think?  I'm actually very pleased, as I didn't think it would turn out this well!  Let me know your thoughts, and thanks for looking! 

hey